Many, many years ago when I was young & carefree I met Tracey. We were both full of dreams for the future.
There are days that you don’t ever forget – days where you laughed so hard your tummy hurt, days when your friends were there for you, birthdays and special occasions – your wedding day for example.
On my wedding day, dressed in my beautiful gown, hair & make-up done & ready to head to the ceremony I made a detour. A detour to the local hospital.
Why you ask? To visit one of my best friends who had, the day before, given birth to her first child.
Yes. In my wedding dress I walked the corridors of the hospital looking for her room conscious of all eyes upon me.
I met Heath’s biggest sister that day.
Now many years later I’m just as excited to meet, cuddle & photograph her tiny brother. He is the long awaited 3rd child. And he is loved by us all.
I look forward to watching him grow strong & tall (well actually he may not be that tall if you were to consider the height of his dad & grandfather!). In the meantime, there are the little things… & the photographs. There’s always photographs.*
Welcome to the world little Heath. xo
* Sometimes I wish there were photographs of that day at the hospital. Me in my wedding dress & tiny Gabriella in my arms.
It’s school holidays. Dad’s still working hard but lucky for you, your mum (that’s me) made a lifestyle decision almost 3 years ago and became a teacher. So you’re stuck with me for a whole two weeks. I know you don’t realise this now, but you’re the lucky ones (Me, I know how darn lucky I am too).
These holidays we have not been a well bunch. As it goes – we have dropped like flies. Not all at once. One after the other. The flu is mighty powerful. But we soldier on leaving the sick ones behind in the loving hands of your very supportive Nanny – who’s had a flu shot!
On this day we were all up at the beach house for a few days hoping to enjoy the sunshine & seashells. Unfortunately the weather turned grey & there was only soggy sand & seashells. No sunshine in sight. But this didn’t stop us from visiting the beach. It was terribly chilly though & we didn’t stay long.
10 July is my Dad’s birthday. My generous, loving dad who is always there for me. So we decided to head home to make him feel loved too. Evie, you baked him a cake & decorated it yourself with such excitement. And each of you gave him a handmade card & lots of hugs & cuddles. What more could he ask for really?
Happy Birthday Gramps (Dad). xo
Cake was probably not the best idea considering how some of us have been feeling of late but how could we resist! Everyone is now sound asleep with full bellies.
1. Photography. If you know me, you know that each and every day I take a photo as part of the Fat Mum Slim Photo a Day project. Each day there is a different prompt. You can interpret it your own way and there is no pressure to share photos – you can do with them what you please. The reason I love is because of photos like this one. Without the prompt, the project or my love of photography, I may not have shots like these. If you’d like to join in, you can find the page here.
2. Sophia. She’s a tricky one. I adore her so and in a lot of ways she reminds me of me when I was her age – trying to find out how she fits in to the world; trying to be strong & independent but really just shy and in need of a hug.
3. Painting. Well it started off as painting but Miss 3 decided to make it into a paper collage instead. Meh.
4. Poor Barnabus. Charlotte adores this cat. Whenever he is in her presence she follows him around. She always, I mean always picks him up (thankfully no longer by the skin on his body). I cannot believe that she has not been permanently scared. He is such a good cat; more like a dog really.
5. Mum. My mum will probably hate this photo. It’s rare to snap a photo of mum. I love this one. I’m so lucky to have her close by. There are so many reasons I would need a whole separate blog. A blog post of thanks. A post of appreciation and love. Now there’s a plan.
6. Us. We haven’t been hanging out much lately what with work, kids & the dune buggy. Yes, you read that right – a dune buggy. A new dune buggy. Completely stripped & currently being rebuilt. I love him so much – I must obviously because really what sane wife would allow such time consuming activities!* So looking forward to our holiday so we can actually spend some time together!**
7. Lightroom 4. Photography has become an escape for me. Me time that is so easy to orchestrate. I don’t need to go anywhere or have someone babysit the kids. I can get the camera out any time, anywhere. I can edit my pics in the comfort of my home & discover new ways to present an image. This is an edit using my new software which you can find here for a reasonable price.
8. Harper. The birthday girl. This week my little niece will turn 2 (making me that little bit older too – eek!). On Saturday my sister threw her a smashing little party. I’m hoping to blog some more about it & the whimsical nature of childhood & living in the moment.
Hope you had a fantastic week this week. Happy Weekend Friends. xo
* Photo taken by Lucas. I’m trying to get him into this photography caper. He’s quite good but gets bored easily. Love that he captured how much I love his dad.
** The dune buggy is not coming with us on our holiday!